Who And What Does This Limited Warranty Cover?
We stand behind our Original Solara mattresses and offer a 10-Year Limited Warranty to prove it. The terms of the Limited Warranty are as follows:
Your new Solara Original T&N mattress (hereinafter the “mattress” or “Product”) is covered by a 10-year limited warranty (the “Limited Warranty” or “Warranty”), which gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights, but those vary from state to state. This Limited Warranty is not transferable and covers you only if you :
- are the original purchaser and current owner of the Solara mattress (the “Product”) for which you are seeking recourse under the Warranty.
- purchased it directly from an authorized Solara distribution channel – namely, the website at solara.in, Amazon.in, flipkart.com.
- it is put solely to ordinary household (not commercial) use. The Limited Warranty thus only applies during the period in which the mattress is owned and controlled by the original purchaser of that mattress.
PLEASE RETAIN YOUR PURCHASE RECEIPT SO THAT YOU CAN PRESENT IT TO US IF NECESSARY.
This Limited Warranty is limited to material defects resulting from defective materials or workmanship in the Product you have purchased.
Specifically, this Limited Warranty covers the following defects, provided that they arise or appear in circumstances in which you have handled, maintained, and used the Product only for its intended purpose and have not subjected it to conditions likely to cause deterioration or damage beyond normal wear:
- A visible indentation or sag greater than three-quarters (3/4) of an inch in the foam material. This refers to an indentation that is visible when no weight is applied to the top of the Product. Please note that “normal wear” assumes and requires that your mattress is continuously supported by a proper foundation sufficient to support the distributed weight of your body and the mattress itself. If you have questions about whether the foundation you are using or intend to use is adequate, please contact email@example.com.
- Any physical flaw in the foam material that causes it to split or crack under conditions of normal household use and proper handling.
- Any manufacturing defect in the mattress cover such as the fabric tearing or stitching unraveling.
What Will Solara Do?
We will repair or replace the defective Product or the defective component(s) of the Product (if applicable). In the case of a manufacturing defect in a component of the Product, such as the mattress cover, we may elect to repair or replace the component if practicable rather than replace the entire mattress, and we reserve sole and complete discretion over that election. If we elect to replace the Product or component, we will replace it with the model, version, color, or style available at the time of replacement, which may be different in certain respects than the original you purchased. If you wish to replace a defective Product with a more expensive Product, you may be required to pay the difference in price between the original Product and the more expensive Product.
Any repair or replacement will not extend the original Limited Warranty period, nor will it constitute the beginning of a new limited warranty period.
How Long Does The Limited Warranty Coverage Last?
This Limited Warranty for your new Solara mattress lasts for ten (10) years from the date of purchase. We don't pro-rate the terms (meaning we don't reduce the total amount as time goes on).
What Is Not Covered By This Limited Warranty?
This Limited Warranty does not cover changes to your mattress that are caused by or result from normal wear and use. Nor do we cover commercial use, or changes caused by or resulting from circumstances or uses that go beyond the ordinary, intended maintenance and household uses of a mattress—namely, reclining and sleeping. (For example, don't take your mattress for a ride down a staircase or a river.) If you have questions about proper maintenance and use of your mattress, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For example, Solara mattresses are designed to work on a firm, solid surface that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the mattress and user upon it, such as on a bed base (e.g., a frame or platform). This Warranty does not cover your Product if you use it in a manner incompatible with that intended design and use.
In addition, some degree of individualization of your Solara mattress should be expected. Imperfections that do not prevent ordinary use and enjoyment of the Product by a reasonable person are not considered to be defects. For example, surfaces may not be perfectly even, and corners may not be perfectly shaped or symmetrical. These are not “defects” for which you can seek a remedy under this Limited Warranty.
More specifically, this Limited Warranty excludes:
- minor imperfections and slight cosmetic flaws.
- normal wear and tear.
- tears, stains, soiling, burns, and discoloration that occur over time.
- dampness or mold.
- individual or personalized preferences relating to firmness, texture, comfort, etc.
- normal body impressions not greater than 3/4” in the mattress as measured below the cover level – in other words, some settling of the fiber in the cover should be expected and is not considered a “defect”.
- individual or personalized allergies and sensitivities; and (h) naturally occurring cotton or foam aromas.
In addition, this Limited Warranty does not cover conditions resulting from abusive handling, misuse, or neglect. Accordingly, the following circumstances, if discovered upon inspection, will void your Warranty:
- any unsanitary condition.
- use of the Product on an improper bed frame.
- physically abusing the Product.
- attempting to clean the Product in an inappropriate manner
- improper storage of the Product (including storage in damp locations, areas infected with insects or rodents, or any other unprotected storage areas).
- commercial use
- purchase from resellers who are not authorized retailers.