While a banana split dessert is undoubtedly a delightful indulgence, it may offer some nutritional benefits depending on its ingredients. Bananas, a key component, provide essential vitamins such as vitamin C, potassium, and vitamin B6, contributing to immune function, heart health, and overall well-being. Nuts, commonly used as toppings, supply healthy fats, protein, and important nutrients like magnesium and antioxidants. The inclusion of berries or other fruits can add additional vitamins, minerals, and fiber to the dessert. However, it's crucial to be mindful of portion sizes and the overall composition of the dessert, especially considering potential additions like ice cream and sugary sauces, which may contribute to excess calories and added sugars. Enjoying a banana split in moderation can provide a delicious treat while still incorporating some nutritional elements.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon honey or chocolate syrup
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
Instructions:Preheat the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange the banana slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the banana slices for 5-7 minutes or until they become golden and slightly crispy. Shake the basket or flip the slices halfway through for even cooking.
- Transfer the air-fried banana slices to a serving plate.
- Top them with sliced strawberries, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts.
- Drizzle honey or chocolate syrup over the banana split dessert.
- If desired, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Garnish with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your air-fried banana split dessert.