When it comes to snack-time food recipes veg cutlet is a household name. Usually, veg cutlets are eaten as sides with tea, coffee and are paired with tasty spicy and sweet chutneys or ketchup. This crispy vegetable cutlet is not only delicious to eat but is also a reminder of memorable moments spent with family and friends. Traditional ways of cooking this item involve deep-frying, however, you can even air fry veg cutlets, pan fry them or bake them too.
Now we will share a vegetable cutlet recipe with you that will help you cook these steaming hot veg cutlets in no time!
The Making of veg cutlet or potato cutlet:
Recipe for veg cutlet- The ingredients:
2- Cut potatoes
½ -1 cup of peas
1-2 cups of french beans
Any other vegetables you would like to add
How to make cutlet- The method:
- Put all of these vegetables in a bowl and steam them until the vegetables are just cooked. You could also use a pressure cooker to make them soft-cooked, the veggies need not be mushy.
- The next thing to do is mash the vegetables using a masher. The mixture should be soft.
- Next, add necessary spices such as garam masala, cumin powder, ginger paste, salt, some chopped green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Then, take 6-7 tablespoons of breadcrumbs and mix with the mixture.
- Shape the mixture into flat patties or a cylindrical shape and keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl, add 2 tablespoons of rice flour or besan or corn-starch flour or all-purpose flour, mix it water and keep the mixture ready
- Dip the patty in the bowl of rice flour or all-purpose flour and water. Then, coat the patties with breadcrumbs on both sides and keep them ready.
- Do the same thing with all the other patties and keep them aside.
- Then, heat oil in a frying pan and deep-fry the patties until they turn golden brown. If you wish to shallow fry veg cutlets then add 2-3 tablespoons of oil and let the patties fry. Further, you could also air fry the patties.
- Serve the cutlet with chutneys or ketchup.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How can we Make Vegetable Cutlets or Bread Cutlet With Vegetables in the Oven?
Preheat the oven to about 180 degrees, slightly brush the veg cutlets with oil and then you can bake the cutlets at 350 F for about 15 minutes until the golden-brown colour is achieved.
2)How to Make These in an Air Fryer?
To air fry the cutlets, place the cutlets in an air fryer, spray some oil and air fry it at 380 F for around 15 minutes or so until the golden-brown colour is achieved.
Is it possible to make vegetable cutlets without potatoes?
Yes, you can make a veg cutlet at home without potatoes, just use any other vegetables that are readily available.
3) What Ingredients can Replace the use of Breadcrumbs?
One alternative to breadcrumbs is that you can use 2-3 bread slices dipped in water and squeezed out to create the binding effect. Second, you can use panko breadcrumbs or ground poha as well
4) How to Avoid Breaking the Vegetable Cutlet While Frying?
To avoid the cutlets from breaking avoid frying the cutlets in extremely hot oil. The oil should be just right to heat 2-3 cutlets, do not add more cutlets in the pan or it may result in breaking the patty. Also, do not immediately stir the patty after placing it in the pan while cooking, this may cause breakage too.
Lastly, to resolve the issue, you can also add breadcrumbs or soak bread to the mixture before dipping it in the flour or rice water.
5) Is it Possible to add Cheese to the Cutlets?
Yes, grated cottage cheese or cheddar cheese can be added to the mixture before frying. This also helps create a binding effect.
6) Serving Suggestions for the Potato Cutlet Recipe
One way to serve the vegetable cutlet is with tamarind chutney, pudina chutney or ketchup. The second is to make it in the form of a burger and serve it. You could also serve it as a side dish with chai or coffee during the evening snacks time.
7) Storage Suggestions for the Cutlet Recipe
Vegetable cutlets can be stored in airtight containers in a refrigerator for about 1-2 days.
Vegetable cutlets are delicious snacks that can be made with a variety of vegetables that are readily available at home. They can be consumed as a meal in the form of burgers or as tea-time snacks as patties. This is one of the best veg cutlet recipe for kids as it is both healthy and tasty in nature. We hope that the veg cutlet recipe shared above is helpful to you and you try it at home. The potato cutlet recipe comes in handy when you have to host a gathering, make breakfast meals on weekend or you simply want to eat something tasty for the evening snacks.
This video helps you how to prepare veg cutlets in Air Fryer .
Browse other other interesting Recipes & Tips :
- How to Make Fish Fry Masala?
- How to Make Tea in an Electric Kettle?
- Uses of Electric Kettle In the Kitchen