How to Reduce Double Chin by Yoga? 6 Techniques to Sculpt that Jawline
An individual is said to have a double chin when a layer of fat gets accumulated under the chin area. This can also be called submental fat, and when this fat appears below the chin it gives an appearance of two or more chins. This can be caused by weight gain, old age or it can also occur due to your genetics. Having a double chin does not in any way indicate that the individual is obese, however, some people feel self-conscious about the same.
If you would like to reduce your double chin healthily then practising yoga postures can help you achieve your goal. Face yoga for double chin can be done at the comfort of your home and by using a good quality yoga mat. Doing yoga can help you improve blood circulation in your face, strengthen your face muscles, tighten them and give you the chiselled jawline you want.
6 Yoga techniques to sculpt that jawline
1. Simha Mudra (Lion Pose)
The Simha Mudra improves blood circulation around the face and tightens the face muscles. To practise this pose,
- Keep your hands on your thigh and sit up straight.
- Then, take a deep breath and stick your tongue out and try and keep your eyes looking towards the centre of your eyebrows.
- Create a sound in our mouth that resembles the roar of a lion.
- Practice posture for about 15 seconds and close your eyes and rest after that.
2. Chaturanga Dandasana
‘Chaturanga’ means to use all your four limbs and ‘dandasana’ means like a stick, so you will balance your entire body on your four limbs in a stick-like posture in this asana.
To practise Chaturanga Dandasana,
- Lie down on your yoga mat on the side facing your stomach
- Now, breathe in and slowly lift your hands and legs in a plank position
- Keep your elbows close to your ribs and bend down slightly, like you would do a push-up.
- Hold the posture for 15 seconds and then lie down.
- Repeat this posture a few times
3. Jivha Bandha
‘Jivha’ means tongue, and ‘bandha’ means to lock, so in this yoga asana, we will stretch our tongue to perform the asana. This is quite opposite of the Simha mudra.
- Sit straight on your yoga mat
- Inhale, open your mouth and touch your tongue to the roof of your mouth and look at the centre of your nose
- Hold the posture for 10-15 seconds and then release the tongue and close your mouth and then relax.
4. Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)
This asana is great for our back as well as our face. It stretches the back, improves our posture and strengthens our muscles.
To practice the Bhujanasana,
- Lie down on a yoga mat.
- Then, bring the palm of your hands to face the floor and keep it ready on both sides to lift your body. Make sure elbows are touching your ribs.
- Now, inhale and slowly lift your body to a half cobra position.
- Release the posture and relax and then repeat a few more times.
5. Ardha Pincha Maryurasana (Dolphin Pose)
This asana will help you strengthen your arms, improve blood circulation in your body and relax your body.
To practice this asana,
Place your palms and elbows on the yoga mat
Now, inhale and lift your hips in the air but try to keep your foot on the ground.
Keep your head pointing towards the floor.
Breathe normally and then relax the position
6. Ustrasana (Camel pose)
The camel pose is an excellent yoga posture to stretch your body and strengthen your neck muscles.
To practise this asana,
Stand on your knees and arch your back towards the backside
Hold your legs right above the ankle and bend your head
Take a couple of breaths and release the posture
Repeat a couple of times.
Can yoga for double chin help sculpt the jawline?
Yes, although since each body is different, the results may take time to show up. However, if you want to practice yoga for the jawline it also needs to be combined with quality sleep, a balanced diet and weekly exercises about 3-5 times.
It can be concluded that yoga is not only a great way to keep your body flexible and strong, it can also help you reduce your double chin. If you are still thinking about ‘how to lose double chin’ then take a pause, try out the above-mentioned exercises and compare the changes. However, the results are subjective to different body types and genetics.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle does not cost much, all you need is a SOLARA water bottle to remind yourself to keep drinking water and stay hydrated at all times. Second, it is always a good idea to invest in a good quality yoga mat such as the one by SOLARA to avoid any slippage or fall while practising yoga.
Browse other interesting Health Tips :