Cinnamon apple chips offer a range of health benefits, combining the natural goodness of apples with the aromatic spice of cinnamon. Apples are rich in dietary fiber, particularly soluble fiber like pectin, which supports digestive health, helps regulate blood sugar levels, and contributes to a feeling of fullness. The antioxidant properties found in apples, combined with the anti-inflammatory effects of cinnamon, can have positive impacts on overall well-being. Cinnamon is also believed to have potential benefits for blood sugar control and heart health. By air-frying the apple slices without added oils, these chips maintain the fruit's nutritional integrity while providing a satisfying and flavorful snack. While enjoying cinnamon apple chips, it's essential to be mindful of portion sizes to ensure a balanced and health-conscious approach to snacking.
- 2-3 large apples (choose a sweet variety like Honeycrisp or Fuji)
- 1-2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar or sweetener (optional)
- Cooking spray
Preheat the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (180°C) for about 5 minutes.
Prepare the Apples:
- Wash and thinly slice the apples, aiming for uniform thickness to ensure even cooking.
Season the Apple Slices:
- In a bowl, toss the apple slices with ground cinnamon until they are well-coated. If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can also add granulated sugar or a sweetener of your choice.
Arrange in the Air Fryer Basket:
- Lightly coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Arrange the seasoned apple slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Ensure that the slices are not overlapping.
- Air fry at 350°F (180°C) for 10-12 minutes, flipping the apple slices halfway through to promote even crispiness.
- Keep an eye on them towards the end to prevent burning, as cooking times may vary based on your air fryer model.
Check for Crispiness:
- Check the apple slices for crispiness. They should be golden brown and have a crispy texture when done.
Cool and Serve:
- Once done, let the cinnamon apple chips cool for a few minutes. They will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- Serve the apple chips as a healthy and delicious snack.