How to Make Chilli Chicken? Best Online Recipe
What is it about Chilli Chicken that makes it so tempting and irresistible? Is it because it is an Indian-Chinese dish and has got the best of both worlds, or is it the fact that it makes a perfect side to a variety of dishes? Or is it simply the crunchy texture of this sweet and spicy appetizer? While we may never have all the answers, what we do know is how we can make this tasty chilli chicken dish from the comfort of our homes.
This chicken chilli recipe is quick and simple and will be ready within no time. This restaurant-style chicken chilli will be your go-to recipe the next time you host parties or dinner and will surely be the only thing people will be talking about!
How to make chilli chicken? Let’s talk about the preparation.
To make chilli chicken dry, you need to gather a few ingredients and follow the recipe as shown.
Chilli chicken ingredients
- 1 Chopped onion
- 3-4 Chopped garlic
- 1 bowl of chopped capsicum
- ½ bowl of chopped spring onions
- 1-2 cut green chillies
- 250 gms of Boneless chicken
- Chilli sauce
- Soy sauce
- Pepper powder
- Plain flour
- Corn flour
- Egg whites (if needed)
Chilli Chicken Marinade
- In a mixing bowl, take 250 gms of boneless chicken. To this, add 1-2 spoons of soy sauce, 1-2 spoons of chilli sauce and a dash of pepper.
- To this, sprinkle a little flour powder, salt and cornflour and mix well. You can also add egg white if intended or sprinkle a little water and mix the ingredients well.
- Next, you can add a bit of chilli powder to the mixture and mix well.
- Allow the chicken to marinate in the mixture for an hour or more. You can place it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to get the best results.
Cooking the Chicken
- Frying the chicken-
To fry the chicken you can heat the oil and fry the chicken pieces until they turn golden brown.
- Alternatively, you can also bake the chicken in the oven.
To do this, preheat the oven at 240 degrees for 10-20 minutes and bake the chicken for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Another interesting way is to grill on chicken.
To do this, just put the chicken on the skewers and grill it for 20-25 minutes, until it turns golden brown.
Making the Sauce
- To make the sauce, add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of vinegar, 2 tablespoons of ketchup, 2 tablespoons of chilli sauce and ½ teaspoon of red chilli in a bowl, mix well and keep it ready.
- In a pan, heat some oil and add some chopped garlic. To this, add chopped capsicum, chopped spring onions, chopped onions, green chilli, salt and saute well.
- Add the chilli sauce into the mixture and stir it well.
- To this mixture add chicken pieces and toss them.
- Saute the mixture in the pan for about 1-2 minutes and serve hot.
How to Make the Chicken Chilli Gravy?
Making a chilli chicken gravy the recipe is quite simple. You need to follow the same steps as discussed above while making the sauce except for adding 1 cup of water and a little bit of cornflour to the given mixture. You could also increase the amounts of soy sauce, chilli sauce and ketchup and pepper to improve the taste.
Stir the mixture continuously until you reach a consistency that suits your requirements. Add the veggies and the chicken and saute for a couple of minutes. Now, your chilli chicken gravy is ready to be served. It can be served with rice or noodles or just consumed as a side dish.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1.Is Chilli chicken very spicy to eat?
Using the dry chilli chicken recipe you can make a dish that has the right mixture of sweet and spicy. The chilli chicken Indian dish is both tasty and loved by all both children and adults alike.
2.Can we use chicken breast to make Chinese chicken recipes?
Yes, you can use chicken breast for the recipe. Chicken thigh is also widely used to make this recipe.
Tips for making one of the best chicken recipes- The Chilli Chicken Dry
- Always use the best quality ingredients to cook the recipe such as fresh chilli powder, pepper etc.
- Restaurants use food colouring to enhance the colour of the food. You can avoid it for health reasons or use it at your own will.
- To make a slightly healthy version of this recipe, you can bake the chicken or grill it instead of frying it in oil.
- Since Indian-Chinese recipes often include a bunch of vegetables it is a good idea to cut vegetables well in advance and then start with the cooking preparation.
- To give a more smokey flavour to the food use a well-seasoned wok to make chilli chicken. If it is not readily available, then a simple pan will also do.
- While frying the chicken just ensure that it turns golden-brown. Do not overcook the chicken.
- Similarly, do not cook vegetables on high heat. Always saute the vegetables on low-medium heat to maintain the texture of the vegetables and give them a little crunch.
- Most restaurants use MSG to enhance the flavour of the food, home-cooking does not usually require it. You could choose to stay away from it for health reasons if MSG if you’d like.
Cooking at home ensures that you eat healthy food and don’t consume excess oils and always eat fresh. Sometimes experimenting with home-cooked meals can be a fun way to include a variety of dishes in your everyday menu and also create exceptional dishes at home. The Chilli chicken recipe shared above is a quick and easy way of making this dish. You can share them with your friends and family and have a lot of fun hosting guests at home. This chicken chilli dry recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. Do try it at home.
Browse other interesting Recipes & Tips :