How to Make Veg Manchurian : Veg Manchurian Recipe
Veg Manchurian is an Indian-Chinese dish that can be served as an appetizer or as a main course item. When served dry it can be an excellent starter or a side dish and if you wish to serve it as sweet and hot gravy it pairs well with fried rice, plain rice and Hakka noodles. It is also interesting to know that, since a large percentage of the population in India are vegetarians, the same dish has multiple variations such as Gobi Manchurian, Mushroom Manchurian, Paneer Manchurian and so on.
We’ll show you how you can make this dish for your get together and parties, so let's get started!
Let's Understand the Veg Manchurian Recipe Summary
- To make Veg Manchurian we first chop all vegetables and mix them with flour and spices.
- We then roll the mixture in the shape of a ball using our palms.
- These vegetable balls are then fried in oil and served hot if you are looking to serve them as an appetizer.
- To serve Vegetable Manchurian as gravy, we then make a hot, sweet and spicy sauce and dip the Veg Manchurian balls into it and let it soak.
- This gravy is later served with rice or Hakka noodles.
Veg Manchurian Ingredients
Let's look at some of the ingredients required to make Veg Manchurian balls also known as Cabbage Manchurian.
- Vegetables and spices
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 cup capsicum
- 3 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1/2 cup spring onion
- 2 tablespoon maida
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- To make the Manchurian gravy
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon green chilli
- 2 tablespoon spring onion
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
Method- Manchurian Recipe
- How to make dry Veg Manchurian?
- Finely chop all the vegetables and place them in a mixing bowl.
- To this, add garlic, ginger, soy sauce and dry ingredients such as maida, salt, black pepper and cornflour.
- Mix all these thoroughly and knead the dough, just as you would, if you were making a roti. Then add a little water to maintain the consistency.
- Make them in the shape of a ball and place the Manchurian balls on one side.
- When the Manchurian balls are ready, heat some oil in a deep pan and wait till the oil is hot enough for frying. Ensure that the oil does not get too hot, or the manchurian balls will cook from the outside but not from the inside.
- Then, when the temperature is just right, place one ball into the pan and check if it floats, if so, then add the rest of the vegetable balls one by one and deep fry until they turn golden brown.
- Flip the balls a couple of times until it looks crisp. Then, remove the manchurian balls and drain the excess oil and place them on a plate covered in kitchen rolls or tissues. This will further drain out oil from the manchurian.
- The veg manchurian dry is now ready to be served as an appetizer or a side dish.
- How to make gravy manchurian?
- To make the manchurian gravy recipe, take a pan and heat some oil.
- To this, add cut chillies, ginger and garlic and saute it for a bit.
- To this mixture, add spring onions, capsicum, chilli sauce, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, black pepper and salt. Mix it thoroughly.
- On the side, mix some cornflour with water and keep it ready. Now, pour the cornflour mixture into the pan and mix it well. You can add half a cup of water to get a gravy-like consistency.
- Taste the sauce once it is ready, to this you can add a little soy sauce or chilli sauce if you desire.
- Once you see that this mixture starts to look like gravy, add vegetable balls into the sauce and stir it slowly.
- Do not add the vegetable balls when the gravy is to it, wait for it to cool down for 2-3 minutes and then add the balls.
- Now, garnish with spring onions and serve it alongside rice, fried rice or Hakka noodles.
Things to Remember While making Veg Manchurian
Here are a couple of things to note while making this dish
- Do not soak the vegetable balls in the gravy for a long time or they might become soggy. A good idea would be to add the manchurian balls just before serving to maintain the crispness.
- If you do not have all the vegetables at home, it's alright, you can go ahead with what you have.
- To give the food a nice Indian-Chinese flavour you can use carbon steel woks, stir fry the veggies on a high flame and reduce the flame once you start adding the sauces.
Step by step guide How to Make Veg Manchurian at Home in Solara Air Fryer :
If you are looking to host a party or a get together this dry manchurian recipe and manchurian fried rice recipe is surely a superb idea. All ingredients are readily available at home, if not a short grocery run can ensure that you have all that you need to make this dish. It’s supremely easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious. The dry veg manchurian has the right amount of spice and crispiness and to be eaten as a side and on the other hand, the veg manchurian gravy is a good mixture of tanginess and spiciness that adds flavour to the plain tasting rice or Hakka noodles. Do give the recipe a try!
Browse other interesting Recipes & Tips :