If you are fond of munchies and love making them at home, then here's something for all of you! Popcorn is a simple and tasty dish that you can make in your kitchen in under 10 minutes.
If you are one of those people who think that popcorn can only be found in movie theaters or malls, you are living under a rock! In fact, you can easily make popcorn at home within no time.
Cooker popcorn has very few calories and is an excellent snack for those looking to lose weight. Popcorn is your go-to dish whether you are looking for a midnight binge or want to eat something healthy while watching a movie!
Let's see how to make popcorn at home easily:
Ingredients needed for making popcorn in a cooker:
- Corn kernels
- Butter or popcorn oil
Cooking equipment needed to popcorn in the cooker:
Popcorn is one of the simplest things to make at home; you can make it in a utensil by placing it on top of the gas or stove. Additionally, you can even make it in a pressure cooker or Instapot, also known as a multi-purpose cooker. Regardless of what cooking utensils you use, what matters more is how long you cook them and much heat is applied. Ideally, it should take you 10-15 minutes or less to make popcorn.
So, if you are ready, let's get started on making popcorn in a pressure cooker.
- Add a spoonful of butter and about 100 gms of corn kernels to the cooker.
- Now, turn the flame on to low heat, and let the butter melt slowly. Saute the corn in the butter for a few minutes, and ensure that the cooker is just moderately hot, or the butter might get burnt.
- To this mixture, add some turmeric, salt, and give it another mix.
- If will see that corn kernels will start to pop now, increase the flame, and close the lid of the pressure cooker. In about 3-5 minutes, the rest of the corn kernels will also start to pop up.
- As soon as you realize that the popping sound has stopped, reduce the flame, switch off the gas and place the pressure cooker aside.
- Let the pressure release from the cooker. Now, slowly open the pressure cooker. You will notice that all the corn kernels have fluffed up into a bright yellow color, and the room is filled with the aroma of buttery popcorn.
- Enjoy it on a rainy evening with family and friends.
Home popcorn is the best option to go for when working from home or looking to snack on something after an hour at the gym. Not only does it keep you satiated, but popcorn is also actually healthy when consumed in smaller amounts. With the above popcorn in pressure cooker recipe, you can not only make this lip-smacking dish at home, but you can also invite your friends and family over for a get together and serve some healthy snacks.
Recommended Articles :
- How to use an electric rice cooker?
- How to Cook Brown Rice in a Cooker
- How to Boil Potatoes in a Cooker
- Uses of Electric Kettle